Tales of Asgard, Home of the Mighty Gods The Meaning of… “Ragnarok!”
Script: Stan Lee/ Pencilling: Jack Kirby/ Delineation: Vince Colletta/ Lettering: Artie Simek/ We have spoken!!
The crew of the Odinship have returned home to Asgard. They listen to Volla the Prophetess foretell Ragnarok that is to come.
Here is what will happen:
1. An everlasting frost storm will cover the land.
2. As imminent doom approaches, brother turns against brother.
3. Some Asgardians buckle under the pressure and join the forces of evil in an ultimate act of betrayal. They will be led by Loki.
4. To defend Asgard from this assault, the Asgardians will shatter Bifrost, forever destroying the road to Earth.
5. Heimdell will be felled as he sounds the alarm one final time.
6. Odin will lead the final charge. Amongst his followers include Thor and Fandral.
7. Thor and Loki battle one final time as their world is consumed.
8. At last shall appear the Midgard Serpent, the ultimate destroyer.
First Appearance: Volla the Prophetess, The Midgard Serpent